fbpx

Forum

Disappointed  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

dlmoRAGEgaming
(@dlmoragegaming)
20/11/2019 6:41 pm  

I get it, but if you don't even atleast try a replacement part you won't know for sure and it could be possible that it is your flight stand which is the issue maybe it's warping as you tighten the clamps down. 

ReplyQuote
Almost Aviation
(@almost-aviation)
20/11/2019 7:05 pm  
Posted by: @bungholio

A better design would have at least 2 pegs in leu of 1. To contradict the lateral, left right, motion.

Are you sure you have the thing mounted properly? I presume a "retired NASA engineer" wouldn't fail to have noted the two small keys at the front of the yoke that oppose its rotation around the central peg. Ensuring these keys are engaged is the purpose of the thumbscrews at the back. If they are engaged, there will be some minimal rotation due to the tolerances, but nothing dramatic. It sounds like yours may not be properly engaged.

MarkH

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
20/11/2019 7:33 pm  

Everything is properly engaged! The whole mounting thing for this yoke is lame! The screw down thumbscrew things are cheesy! Yes, they are indexed properly on their respective pegs on the stupid glue plate thing. You just don't get it? "EVERY piece one adds just amplifies unwanted motion!" The more pieces... the more unwanted motion. + 3M glue crap=more unwanted motion... add insult to injury... a single point of contact unwanted motion in that the yoke wants to rotate about a single point+the clamps more unwanted motion.... I just want 4 mounting screw holes on the bottom. Yes, I can see where some indiscriminate users are happy with the flimsy-cheesy desktop mounting options. I am not. I want "rock-solid!"

Even the mounting plate itself is flimsy-cheesy.... more unwanted motion!

DUH!

I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck! I scrutinously examined all! You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig! So to speak!

Working on a video.... to show... coming soon!

ReplyQuote
dlmoRAGEgaming
(@dlmoragegaming)
20/11/2019 8:53 pm  

All anyone can suggest is to let them replace atleast the base to see if its at fault. If your unwilling to atleast try then you can't really complain. It's your opinion if you don't like the mounting but literally nobody else has mentioned it being a problem which would suggest something isn't right with yours or what your mounting it to. You maybe correct that the design doesn't work for what you want to mount to but surely if it's that bad it's atleast worth trying a replacement part.

ReplyQuote
SoTotallyToby
(@sototallytoby)
21/11/2019 12:47 am  

@bungholio

You seem to be the only person having an issue with the available mounting solutions. If you think the product is really that awful, just send it back and be done with it or accept Honeycombs help. 

Moaning about how "nothing will help because the design is crap" isn't going to help you. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by SoTotallyToby

ReplyQuote
Martin Maaskant
(@martin-maaskant)
24/11/2019 3:47 pm  

Well there is something wrong. My yoke is rock solid on my desk. No problems whatsoever. I hoping to see your video of the problem.

That being said. You are one of the first I heard complaining about that so that leaves me to the conclusion that there isn't a basic design flaw as you are mentioning.

Martin Maaskant

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register