fbpx

Forum

Disappointed  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

bungholio
(@bungholio)
16/11/2019 11:14 am  

Just received my new Honeycomb flight simulator yoke. A great piece of equipment, however,

It works flawlessly! 

The mounting options are terrible. Wobbly... piece of crap!!!

After trying all options for mounting the yoke... they all suck!!!

Wobbly piece of crap!

This is unacceptable!!!!!

The 50 gazillion mega million suction power glue crap don't work for sh_T!!!!!

(sic bad English)

WTF?

bungholio
(@bungholio)
16/11/2019 11:23 am  

Furthermore:

Who wants a WOBBLY flight control?

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
16/11/2019 11:53 am  

Furthermore, yet again....

Did the design team get lazy?

Mounting???

The stupid "single peg slot and key thing design" is really bad!!!

No one wants one's flight simulator yoke control jostling around (not just issue with crappy 3M glue but also the "bunghole mount system."

I wan't rock solid... just like a real "flight deck!"

ReplyQuote
dlmoRAGEgaming
(@dlmoragegaming)
Eminent Member
17/11/2019 3:35 pm  

Have you unwound the two adjusters on the back of the yoke? I have seen video's on Youtube and it looked very sturdy.

ReplyQuote
Roland
(@roland)
18/11/2019 12:51 pm  

@bungholio instead of shouting around here, you should read the manual, if you could.

Turn the wheels on the back clockwise until the yoke is mounted correct. 

Regards
Roland Pohl
2. Chairman
Flugsimulator Club e.V. Germany

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
18/11/2019 4:13 pm  

Yes, I tried that...

This design gives rise to "too much" bending of the many involved plastic mounting pieces. Amplifying the natural of the problem.

When one clamps the base plate down, it squishes the 3M super-dooper-doesn't-stick-worth-a-damn suction mount glue under the clamps. Causing the base plate to warp upward along the rear. So then you mount the yoke to the single peg on the base plate and screw down the cheesy thumb wheels on the rear. These thumb wheels cause upward pressure on the center peg of the plastic mounting plate while also pushing down the warped portion of the rear of the mounting plate (more flexing and bending).....

Someone has managed to overcomplicate a simple problem with unreasonable solution(S.)

A lot of warping and bending of the base plate complicated by the "giggly" 3M super dooper goop. The end result is a giggly yoke... doesn't feel solid.

Better solutions....

Get red of the stupid plastic mounting plate altogether, so the yoke housing can sit flat and squarely on its bottom mounting surface. Use optional table clamps that are recessed and screwed securely to the bottom of the yoke housing... as needed. Provide optional threaded mounting holes on the bottom to mount securely as needed.

Lose the "hokey" Honeycomb LED crap. (A plain flat front with the Honeycomb Logo would be a good start (lighted switches only?)  

Some of the switches on the yoke handle feel like junky afterthoughts.

ReplyQuote
Honeycomb Aeronautical
(@honeycomb-aeronautical)
Member Admin
18/11/2019 7:42 pm  

@bungholio

Hi There,

Please send us an email at support@flyhoneycomb.com with a video included that shows this issue. Your Dual Mounting solution could be defective and be the cause of this issue and if so we will be happy to replace free of charge.

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
18/11/2019 8:00 pm  

Thank you for the support offer... as near as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the parts I received. Just a poor design issue. You can send me all the parts you want but it will still exhibit the same problem.

Not very good at making videos but will try to post one on you tube.... eventually

That you

ReplyQuote
Almost Aviation
(@almost-aviation)
19/11/2019 7:02 pm  

I think this criticism is over-stated. I agree the single centre-mount leaves a bit of side-to-side play when operating the yoke with one hand but I haven't found it an issue in practice unless you watch it. I haven't tried the sticky pad so I can't comment on that option, but the G-clamps work fine for me. The bottom plate stays exactly where it's put and the yoke doesn't tilt under full back pressure unless you deliberately press down on it. Having two clamps at the front (and made of heavy steel) makes it better than most of the competition.

MarkH

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
20/11/2019 2:17 am  

Don't get me wrong.... The functionality of this alpha flight simulator yoke is awesome!!! Best I've ever seen. Very well engineered piece of equipment.

Exclusive of it's mounting options?

As long as you are happy with "wiggly-giggly.

" I'm not! I WANT ROCK SOLID!"

For "Christ's sake" all it would taken are threaded mounting holes on the bottom???? Or even "mounting dog ears on the side of said "Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control Yoke." (Totally eliminate the stupid plastic Screw the base plate and the 3M giggly crappy glue altogether!!!!)

(no clamps.... no giggly 3M glue crap.... no phalus plug... bunghole)

Bottom line......

That "Honeycomb.... honeycombed... plastic base plate with the central "phalus" peg bends and warps" (beyond your wildest imagination???? I am working on video's of same)

Wiggle????? You bet!

You bet!!!! It will wiggle right out of it's clamps?????

Unstable!!!! YES, nothing but!.... giggly 3M glue!!!!! Furthermore.... the 3M glue crap installed on the bottom does not set squarely on it's base, so consequently.... it does not hold tight!.....

3M glue?????? really????

Give me a break???? For Christ's sake!

Fine! Poor Engineering! Let's just ignore it all!!!!

ReplyQuote
dlmoRAGEgaming
(@dlmoragegaming)
Eminent Member
20/11/2019 3:59 am  

@bungholio

Instead of just bitching and moaning why not just take up Honeycomb on there offer to sort it if there is a defect. 

From the multiple videos's of people reviewing the yoke on Youtube, not one person has mentioned the yoke not being secure actually the opposite. 

Could be possible that your over tightening the clamps or that your base plate is defective. You can't be ranting and raving this much, without giving the company the chance to rectify if there is a fault.

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
20/11/2019 1:48 pm  

For the "snowflakes!" I'm not bitching and moaning.... Just stating the facts and my honest personal experience. I'm sorry you take my rhetoric that way.

VIDEO... I'm working on it, as I am a total dunce, when it comes to making vids.

The Honeycomb people already contacted me and kindly offered me new parts to replace those that may be defective. Excellent, tech support BTW! There is nothing wrong with the parts. They are constructed/manufactured as designed. The (convoluted, overcomplicated) design for the mounting is very bad. 

"Overtightening the clamps?" You betcha... I tried it all... in all shapes and forms..... been fighting with it for a week. Trying to mount on my "Next Level Racing Flight Stand."  and/or "Just a simple table top!"

Again... 4 simple threaded mounting holes on the bottom, would have been great! I have no complaints about the yoke and its functionality... other than the mounting of same.

If people like me never say anything... then nothing will be accomplished.

And we will all go on nodding our heads in a convincing satisfactory manner?

Have a great day!

ReplyQuote
dlmoRAGEgaming
(@dlmoragegaming)
Eminent Member
20/11/2019 5:33 pm  

Snowflakes lol 

But you originally stated your issue and honeycomb have offered to try to fix the issue for you and before you even gave them a chance to sort a replacement part which could potentially be faulty you continue moaning about the mounting solution if your still having issue's mounting after replacement parts than fair enough. 

Your 4 screw mounting holes could be a good idea but I think the majority will likely be using a desk to mount it so the current solution is really the only way that can be achieved.

ReplyQuote
Almost Aviation
(@almost-aviation)
20/11/2019 6:29 pm  
Posted by: @bungholio

"Next Level Racing Flight Stand."

I'd start there if you're trying to track down your wobbles! Mine is attached to a solid table and there's none of the melodrama you describe. The base plate sits flat on the table and there is no warping of the base plate. I left the cover on the sticky pad, so maybe you damaged yours and it's not letting the plate sit flush.

MarkH

ReplyQuote
bungholio
(@bungholio)
20/11/2019 6:32 pm  

An engineers point of view! (retired computer systems engineer - NASA)

Why replace parts???? Nothing wrong with the old parts. Same parts.... same problem! Very Poor design!

It doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure out the overall design is bad? They have taken the single point of attachment concept too its limit.....it is bad (the bunghole peg.) It gives rise to lateral motion... left and right.... wiggling (the yoke wants to rotate about a single axis)! Even with the cheesy screw down thumb wheels and cheesy, 3M glue, mounting plate??? A better design would have at least 2 pegs in leu of 1. To contradict the lateral, left right, motion.

The 4 screw mounting hole thing is just an option that would work for me... but not necessarily others! You betcha! So in my case.... I love the yoke... I will have to manufacture something to attach the yoke to my "expensive flight Stand hardware." Don't know... thinking about using zip-straps or something?

I have no complaints about "The Honeycomb Alpha People!" I absolutely love this yoke other than its mounting options.

Very frustrated trying to "solidly" mount this flight yoke.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register